Do you like to add your own special touch when it comes to gifts for your loved ones? If so, instead of spending time and money trying to come up with an original gift or special present for a birthday party, these little tips will show you how to create your own gift baskets. At its core, a gift basket is after all a woven bag of goodies, so why not try to come up with your own goodies ideas?
Hat Box, Bucket, Cooler, Oval Wicker Basket, Flower Pot, Mug, Decorative Box, Serving Trays, Trash Cans, Football Helmet, Golf Ball Bucket, Trash Can, Watering Can, Mixing Bowl, Tool Box, Baby Tub, Tote Bag.
Other creative containers are great too. For example, if you are creating a gift basket for a baby shower, a great container could be a baby bath tub. Creating a basket for a child’s birthday? A little wagon will makes a great container too! Choosing a container that can be used again is a also great option.
Once you choose the container, you are going to need the items to fill the basket. Make sure you have enough quality items to fill the container that you have purchased. You will need some scissors, some clear plastic wrap, cellophane or netting to wrap the basket in, and some nice ribbon to tie up the basket as well. You may even want some type of gift tag so you can write a message on it.
Now you are actually ready to make your own gift basket! Take your basket and start filling it up with the items that you have purchased. Arrange them nicely so they all look great in the basket. You may need to get some packing supplies to put under the items to keep them from moving around a lot.
Pull the plastic wrap over the top of the basket, then tie it all together with your ribbon so that everything is safely inside. All you need to do now is to present your gift basket with a big smile!
Gift baskets ideas
- Pampered gift basket: Twirly towel, bath mitts, cozy slippers, eye pillow, luffa sponge, body sugar scrubs, bath salts & bubble bath, shower gel, bath bombs, candles. You can find a selection of spa and beauty products here.
- Chocolate lovers gift basket: Chocolate of every kind and in every shape, nuts and gourmet coffee.
- Gourmet gift basket: Pickled peppers, gourmet cheese, deli crackers, fruit, wine, smoked oysters, olives, pickled asparagus, deli meat sticks.
- Pet lovers gift basket: Personalized pet dish, pet toys, pet treats, hair brush, pet shampoo, video or documentary about pets, veterinary voucher.
- Gardeners gift basket: Gardening gloves, gardening book, garden journal, small gardening tools, handmade seed packets, garden clogs.
- Crafty gift basket: Expensive scissors, rotary cutter blades, needle case, arts, crafts and sewing tools, spools of good quality thread, glue sticks, needle threaders, box of pins, sewing machine needles, fat quarters, craft store gift card, craft magazine or book.